Not Happy, John by Margo Kingston
Not happy, John, with the way:
- you snuck us into the Iraq war without ever really telling us why
- you trample on our democratic right to know
- you'd like to give the Media Moguls control of ALL our news
- a Big Donation lets Big Business share a barbecue with you and George W.
- you let President Bush ambush OUR Parliament - and then let President Hu roll us all over again, the next day
- you use 'globalisation' to avoid accountability
- you treat us as passive consumers - not as CITIZENS and people of goodwill."
Kingston, one of Australia's most fearless political commentators, thinks it is crunch time for Australia. This book is a gutsy anecdotal read, with a deadly serious purpose: to show why Australia has reached the point where John Howard's 'Anglo-fascist' agenda seems unstoppable.
Format: Paperback | 240 pages
Dimensions (cm): 19.8 x 13.0 x 3.6 | 200g
Publication Date: 21 Jun 2004
Publisher: Penguin Books Australia
Publication City/Country: Hawthorn, Australia
A book that has been read but is in good condition. Very minimal damage to the cover, including scuff marks and creasing, but no holes or tears. The backs of the front and back covers have yellowed. All pages are undamaged, with very minimal creasing but no tearing. No pencil underlining of text, no highlighting of text, no writing in margins. No missing pages.